Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fin and I spent the night in St. Louis last night for a trip to the zoo today.

Last night we were speculating about what our zoo experience will be like and I said, "We're going to have a ball!"

Fin's eyes lit up and she excitedly said, "We're getting a ball at the zoo?!" Twenty questions about said 'special zoo ball' immediately followed.

Crap.

I explained to her that 'have a ball' is just something people say to mean 'we're going to have so much fun'.
She looked at me oddly and moved on to talk about penguins.

This morning as we were getting ready she hollered, "Mom, I cant wait to get to the zoo! We are going to have so much ball today!"

Um... wha?

"That means we're gonna have lots and lots of fun!! SO! MUCH! BALL!!!"

I tried to fix this, I did. But if you run into my child and ask her about her about her trip to St. Louis, please try not to take offense to her telling you how much ball we had while there.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment