Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 30, 2013

I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that six whole years have passed. Sometimes she seems so grown it stops my heart for a moment.  This kid makes me belly laugh every day. Every single new thing she learns impressed the hell out of me. And her huge heart makes me weepy and so crazy proud I feel my own heart will surely burst. I wonder ten times a day why I got the honor and blessing of being her momma and all I can do is try to not mess up too bad and remember to take a step back and stay out of her way. She makes me nuts with her sass so I'm just going to consider her to be quick-witted. ;) She wallers me out of a king-sized bed and makes me crabby in the mornings. Then I remember how as a baby she would fall asleep with each of her little hands on both of my cheeks and her tiny lips pressed against mine, breathing my breath, legs curled up and toes digging into my belly. I will always see that baby in her sleeping face and body, no matter how many years pass and how big her sassypants - I mean, quick-witted - little self grows to be. Happy Birthday, Finley Kate, you perfectly lovely child of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment